There are many websites focused exclusively on multifamily real estate. The focus of this top ten list of multifamily websites is to highlight those providing solid, current, quality content.
Some of the sites are regional, some global. Some are exclusively multifamily while others only have multifamily as part of the greater real estate asset class. All can add to our knowledge base about the multifamily business.
PREA (Pension Real Estate Association) is the best example. They allow us mere mortals access to current research papers written by Masters and PhD candidates supported by their organization and members. We thank them for this glimpse into the future of real estate.
10. Multifamily Insight. A website for owners, operators and investors in multifamily real estate. Providing content specific to the multifamily marketplace and free white papers on subjects specific to the industry. Go to Free White Papers to see the list of available reports. There are additional free reports under the Software tab.
9. USC Lusk Center for Real Estate. High quality data with statistical information related to southern California. Covers all real estate asset classes including multifamily.
8. Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University. All things “Texas” real estate including multifamily. Very detailed for the state but also has databases covering the nation.
7. PowerHour Webcast. Providing free hour-long web cast on topics specific to the multifamily industry.
6. Multifamily Biz. A multifamily portal providing blogs, and a real-time industry specific news feeds including Information on multifamily conferences nationwide, products and trends.
5. MIT Center for Real Estate. Provides information covering national and global trends in real estate including multifamily. Touching on subjects from global capital flows to sustainability.
4. IREM. Institute of Real Estate Management. The property management mega-site offers more than just information on professional designations. IREM is an affiliate of the National Association of Realtors.
3. Units Magazine. A publication featuring news and news makers in the multifamily housing industry. Features include interviews of members and topical articles about residential property management and ownership.
2. Multifamily Executive. Provides apartment executives with apartment and condo industry news, multifamily design ideas and apartment technology information.
1. Pension Real Estate Association. The Pension Real Estate Association (PREA) is a non-profit trade association for the global institutional real estate investment industry. To access current research reports, select the Research and Market Information tab. Then select Real Estate Research Institute.
Mr. Wilhoit is the author of two books: How To Read A Rent Roll: A Guide to Understanding Rental Income and Multifamily Insight Vol 1 – How to Acquire Wealth Through Buying the Right Multifamily Assets in the Right Markets. Multifamily Insight Vol 2 is scheduled for release in 2015.
For information on property management audio courses, books and our live weekly leadership academy, visit PowerHour Books and Courses page at http://powerhour.com/propertymanagement/booksandcourses
About This BlogMultifamily Insight is dedicated to assisting current and future multifamily property owners, operators and investors in executing specific tasks that allow multifamily assets to operate at their highest level of efficiency. We discuss real world issues in multifamily management and acquisitions. This blog is intended to be informational only and does not provide legal, financial or accounting advice. Seek professional counsel. We discuss best practices in multifamily management and methods related to how to buy apartment complexes. Our focus is sharing strategies and tactics that can be implemented and measured. For more information, visit: http://www.MultifamilyInsight.com